I would love some feedback on the idea that the model we had of Digital Pathways is evolving to something that works better for our region.
DP was initially targeted to people with some college background, largely because our distance programs are generally 2+2, with only the second 2 years online.
But finding people ready to step into the +2 part of a program has been a challenge, and has made me consider the model.
My question is: what should the role of 2-year colleges be in Digital Pathways, and what does this mean to us?
Thanks.
Thursday, March 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
In reading this post I hear a couple of things:
1) Digital Pathways Evolution; what's working?
2) Where are the +2 students?
3) New role for the 2-year school?
And I would like to respond in the following ways:
1) What's working is the team's willingness to work with any student and their specific need. All the "advertising" has placed the ideas in probably a couple hundred (if not a thousand) heads about this program. I think it just so happened that students needing the 2-year school have made those steps forward. Where perhaps completed students are considering and with more contact, I think we will see an increase of those +2 students. Moreover, I feel that in our evolution we consider cohorts. Since entering into education from the mentoring side, I have heard from many folks who know this "business" and that is one of two factors, the second being FINANCIAL AID. And more recent, I believe that financial aid is numero uno for seeing "success".
2) The +2 are there. They need perhaps to hear those promises of cohort, support and financial aid.
3) Within this evolution, I know we have put a new priority on the 2-year school, which is preparing the re-start student. The question is has that agreement been made and what do those agreements look like?
Financial aid.... Always financial aid...
Post a Comment